The Nagano Marathon vies to bring back the inspiration experienced during the Olympic Winter Games ( Nagano 1998 ), providing an annual event to keep the excitement forever alive! It also aims to contribute to the development of regional sports, culture and the Olympic movement and to provide an unique opportunity for amateurs and world-class athletes to run together, expanding the horizons of running.
"Nagano Marathon" aims to uphold the ideals of the Nagano Olympics and fulfill the dreams of future generations while in coexistence with an environment rich in nature.
2022 Race Information
|Host Organizers||Japanese Olympic Committee / Japan Association of Athletics Federations / Nagano Prefecture / Nagano City / The Shinano Mainichi Shimbun|
|Co-Host Organizers||NHK ( Japan Broadcasting Corporation )|
|Special Collaboration||Hellenic Athletics Federation ( SEGAS ) / Shin-etsu Broadcasting Co., Ltd.|
|Managing Organization||Nagano Athletic Association|
|Under the auspices of||Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan / Japan Sports Agency / Nagano Prefectural Board of Education / Nagano Amateur Sports Association / Nakano City / Yamanouchi Town / Obuse Town / Karuizawa Town / Hakuba Village / Nozawaonsen Village / Kyodo News Agency / Nagano City Board of Education / Yamanouchi Town Board of Education / Obuse Town Board of Education / Nagano City Sports Association / Nakano City Sports Association / Yamanouchi Town Sports Association / Obuse Town Sports Association / Nagano Tourism Convention Bureau / Shinshu Nakano Industry & Tourism Public Corporation / Yamanouchi Town Tourism Association / Obuse Culture and Tourism Association / The Nagano Chamber of Commerce & Industry / The Shinshu Nakano Chamber of Commerce & Industry / Nagano Commerce and Industry Association / Nagano Shopping Street Association / Japan Blind Marathon Association / Nagano Adapted Sports Association|
|Assisted by||Chikuma River Office,Hokuriku Regional Development Bureau, Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport / Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Kanto Regional Development Bureau Nagano National Highway Office / Nagano Prefectural Police / Nagano Prefecture Road Public Corporation / Nagano Medical Association / Nagano City Medical Association / Nagano Prefecture Traffic Safety Association / Nagano City Traffic Safety Association / Nagano Minami Traffic Safety Association / Matsushiro Traffic Safety Association / Nagano Tourism Organization / M-WAVE / JTB / JATAC NAGANO / Nagano Blind Marathon Association / Japanese Red Cross Society Nagano Branch ( and others )|
|Schedule||Sunday, April 17th, 2022, starting at 8:20 a.m.|
|Event||Marathon ( 42.195km )|
|Course||Nagano Marathon Course ( Certified by JAAF and AIMS )
Start at Nagano Sports Park ( Nagano City, Yoshida )
Finish at Nagano Olympic Stadium ( Nagano City, Shinonoi )
|Competition Rules||Compliant with the regulations of 2022 the JAAF, JBMA and Nagano Marathon.|
|Entry Quota||10,000runners ( including 50 visually impaired runners )
*in order of receipt application
|Entry Fees||Priority Entry ( Runners applied for the 22nd Nagano Marathon ) 11,200 Japanese Yen ( tax included )
General Entry 14,300 Japanese Yen ( tax included ) *Additional handling fee will be charged
|Participants Receive||Original T-shirt, and others
*A finisher will receive a “Finisher’s Towel and medal” upon finishing.
|Entry Period||from 10:00a.m on Wednesday, 1st December, 2021 to 11:59p.m. on Thursday, 9th December, 2021 ( JST )|
|Payment Period||from 17th January, 2022 to 21st January, 2022|
Gates will be placed every 5 kilometers along the course and will have respective closing times. Participants who continue to run the course after the closing time are requested to move on to the sidewalk immediately and get on a bus at the next gate or catch the "pick-up" bus running along the route. Runners are not able to continue the race after being stopped at a closed gate.
This race is to be held in accordance with the 2022 Japan Association of Athletics Federations rules and regulations as well as those outlined as follows.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances ( i.e. natural disaster or epidemic ) whereby the marathon must be cancelled, the countermeasures will be discussed considering the costs incurred by the time the cancellation is decided according to the Participation Rules ( 1 ).
- Entries cannot be changed or cancelled. In the event that a participant is not able to participate, entry fees will not be refunded.
- All participants should be able to run a full marathon in 5 hours. After the entry is made, start training for the race.
- As for the start block, the A block is for the invited player, and the order after the B block is based on the estimated time declared by the applicant at the time of entry.
- Participants must submit the physical health check sheet. If the sheet is not submitted, the Organizing Committee will not accept the runners’ participation. Also if any of the items in the check sheet are applicable, you will be asked to refrain from participation in the tournament. In these cases, the entry fee is non-refundable, so please take good care of yourself.
- Race officials have the right to stop runners who appear unable to run further or who are interfering with other runners ( i.e. running backwards or in an otherwise irregular manner ).
- Runners must honor closing gate times, any objections will not be tolerated.
- The organizers will guarantee for the provision of first aid medical help for injuries occurring during the race only. Any additional and/or other medical assistance required is the responsibility of the participant. ( All participants take out sports accident insurance, but the insurance does not cover hospitalization due to medical illness.
- Please be sure to carry your health insurance card with you on the race day.
- Substitute runners are prohibited. Upon detection, the participant will be disqualified. Furthermore, the substitute runner is not covered by marathon insurance.
- Participants are requested to agree in advance to have their pictures taken during the race and possibly used in printed matter such as the event program or on the marathon website. They are also required to allow sponsors free use of their pictures for entrants' brochures and newspapers.
- The organizers agree to keep all personal information, such as name, address etc. confidential. However, for sake of competition result posting and mailing notifications, the organizers reserve the right to use. Besides for the purpose of running the competition, the organizer will collect personal information including a physical health check sheet for the purpose of preventing infection with Covid-19. Please note that one’s personal information might be submitted in an appropriate manner only when requested by a government agency. In addition, Nagano Marathon participates in the "Abbott WMM Wanda Age Group Ranking" ( https://www.worldmarathonmajors.com/rankings ). Please note that the official record of Nagano Marathon will be provided to Abbott WMM for ranking determination. Please also agree that the organizer will acquire the entry data for the tournament management before payment.
- Participants are not supposed to wear or post anything that advertises a particular brand, company name or design in the event area ( marathon course included ).
- No costumes or disguises are allowed. As well, participants must obey all instructions by the officials
- Though water, sport drinks and sponges will be provided at aid stations, we cannot make arrangements for special drinks for everyone because of operational reasons. Please understand special drinks are provided only for invitational runners.
- All personal valuables are the responsibility of the par- ticipants. Organizers accept no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Emergency vehicles may run on the course due to disasters, incidents, accidents, etc. Participants are requested to cooperate with prompt suspension according to the instructions of the referees and staffs.