Outline of Race
- Outline of Race/2016 Race Information
"Nagano Marathon" aims to uphold the ideals of the Nagano Olympics and fulfill the dreams of future generations while in coexistence with an environment rich in nature.
The course (42.195 km) is referred to as the "Nagano Marathon Course", as participants run past the spectacular venues that were used during the 1998 Olympics. The race comes to a climax with the finish being in the actual "Olympic Stadium".
2016 Race Information
Sunday, April 17, 2016 Start Time: 8:30
Nagano Marathon Course.
Starting Point: Nagano City Athletic Park.
Finishing Point: Nagano Olympic Stadium.
*Accredited by the Japan Association of Athletics Federations and AIMS.
Pursuant to the rules of the IAAF for the year 2016 and those of current event.
Time Limit for Finish
Gates are set up every 5km with closing times scheduled as stated below. Athletes who arrive at a gate after the closing time will not beallowed to participate in the race thereafter. Furthermore, those who are still running between the gates in question after the closing time have to stop.
<Gate Closing Times>
||48mins (after the start)
*Gate points and the closing times are subject to change.
1) Invitational Athletes:
Japanese and non-Japanese athletes with the recommendation of the JAAF and hosting committee.
2) Open Category:
Men and women 18 years of age or older as of April 17, 2016. (High School students are not allowed to participate in this race.)
10,000 people (in order of receipt application)
10,000 Japanese Yen (includes a souvenir kit and finisher's certificate)
Entries for foreigners (non-Japanese) living in Japan or abrord will be accepted from October 24.
Original T-shirt, and others.
*Finisher's will receive a "Finisher's towel" & "Finisher's medal" upon finishing.
1st place to 8th will be awareded prizes for both men and women.
1st place to 6th place in respective age groups below will be awarded prizes for both men and women in accordance with chip time. However, an awards ceremony will not be held. Certificates and other awards will be mailed at a later date.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances (i.e. natural disaster) whereby the marathon must be cancelled, entry fees will not be refunded.
- The organizers will guarantee for the provision of first-aid medical help for injuries occurring during the race only. Any additional and/or other medical assistance required is the responsibility of the participant. It is hereupon requested that participants arrange for accident insurance in advance of participating in the race. The organizers will make no provision for accident insurance on behalf of participants.
- All participants should be able to run a full marathon in 5 hours. After the entry is made, start training for the race.
- Participants are responsible for undergoing a physical examination administered by a doctor prior to the race to ensure sound physical condition.
- Race officials have the right to stop runners who appear unable to run further or who are interfering with other runners (i.e. running backwards or in an otherwise irregular manner).
- Runners must honor closing gate times, any objections will not be tolerated.
- Substitute runners are prohibited. Upon detection, the participant will be disqualified. Furthermore, the substitute runner is not covered by marathon insurance.
- Participants are requested to agree in advance to have their pictures taken during the race and possibly used in printed matter such as the event program or on the marathon website. They also are required to allow sponsors free use of their pictures for entrants' brochures and newspapers.
- Participants are not supposed to wear or post anything that advertises a particular brand, company name or design in the event area (marathon course included). Running in disguise is not allowed.
- No costumes or disguises are allowed. As well, participants must obey all instructions by the officials.
- Visually handicapped runners are required to run with accompanying runners. Accompanying runners are obliged to indicate as such clearly.
- Though we provide water, sport drinks and sponges at aid stations, we can not make arrangements for special drinks for everyone because of operational reasons. Please understand special drinks are provided only for invitational runners.
- The organizers agree to keep all personal information, such as name, address etc. confidential. However for sake of competition result posting and mailing notifications, the organizers reserve the right to use.
- All personal valuables are the responsibility of the participants. Organizers accept no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Entries cannot be changed or cancelled. In the event that a participant is not able to participate, entry fees will not be refunded.
- The race will be timed with an RC chip (Runners Chip). Make sure that the RC chip is attached to the back of your race number.
- Awards for the overall category will be based on the time from the starter's pistol. Awards for age categories, however, will be based on chip time (from the time the runner crosses the starting line to crossing the finishing line).
- Please note that Organizers will not act as guarantors for participants requiring visas.